Summit Foundations of SAT and ACT Program
For parents and families wishing to give students a head start on preparing for college admissions tests, consider Summit’s Foundations of SAT and ACT Program. The goal of this program is to focus and reinforce the specific skills that our younger students (9th, 10th, and rising 11th graders) will need to reach their full potential on the SAT and ACT.
While it is too soon to start a formal test prep program for these younger students, it is never too early to help them develop the underlying math, reading, writing, and grammar skills. Students who score best on the SAT and ACT have a strong grasp of the academic content . Our Foundations Program targets the specific topics necessary for success on these tests.
Below are some frequently asked questions about this program:
How is the Foundations Program structured?
- Summit’s Foundations Program is a 6 or 8 week one-on-one tutoring program designed to be completed prior to a full-fledged test preparation program. (We also offer shorter length sessions for those interested in a single-subject program, e.g. Foundations of Math or Foundations of English)
- As with every Summit program, you receive a dedicated Program Director who will match your student with one of our highly qualified tutors, monitor the program and provide advice and guidance along the way.
- The schedule and pace of sessions is customized to each individual student’s needs. One-on-one sessions offer the flexibility of being held in-person or online with your tutor.
When should the Foundations Program be done?
- The program can happen anytime during the year, but the most common time to complete the program is during the summer months prior to sophomore or junior year.
What are the benefits of the Foundations program?
- Builds and strengthens the core academic skills required for the SAT and ACT, ultimately leading to higher SAT and ACT scores.
- Creates a strong foundation on which to build more conventional test preparation. The program is not meant to be a standalone test preparation program, but rather a first step that builds skills and confidence, making for more effective test preparation when that time comes.
- Improves general reading, writing, and math skills, helping academic performance during the school year.
- Clarifies and focuses areas of need for future test preparation.
- Helps to determine the student’s preference for the SAT or ACT.