Tutors and Teachers
Summit Tutoring is the perfect part-time job for those who love connecting with children and teenagers, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others.
Summit Tutoring can fit around your schedule, even if you have a full-time job, are busy with family commitments, or simply enjoy a schedule packed with hobbies. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, occur mostly on weekday evenings or weekends, and can be scheduled directly between you and your students.
This work is challenging, fun, and rewarding. As a Summit tutor you will help students reach their potential and open doors for them. You will be making a true difference in the lives of the students and families you work with.
Summit staff will provide you with training, materials, and a constant support system, to ensure you are able to perform at your best. We are here to help you with tutoring questions as well as any logistic concerns that arise. We take care of client recruiting and billing and keep you informed of the latest news in the test prep world so that you are free to focus on what you do best: tutoring.
If this sounds appealing to you and you meet the listed requirements, please visit our application page and submit an online application!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a selective college or university
- Ability to score at or above the 95th percentile on the SAT and/or ACT
- Genuine interest in working with students
- Means of transportation (i.e. Your own vehicle)
Summit Educational Group is seeking a bright, reliable and detailed-oriented Accounting Clerk. In a smart, fun, and growing company environment, the selected individual will have responsibility for the day-to-day bookkeeping, including customer billing and collections, invoice payment, payroll, recordkeeping and financial reporting. This position will report directly to the CFO.
The successful candidate will naturally share in Summit’s Core Values:
- We perform our work with Integrity
- We have High Standards
- We are Team Players
- We are Accountable
- We are highly Responsive
- We are Relationship Builders
With over 30 years of experience and a commitment to focusing on the individual student, Summit is a leader among standardized test preparation and tutoring providers nationwide. Independently-owned with offices in Newton, MA, New Canaan, CT, and White Plains, NY, we serve families and students seeking customized educational services. Our Newton headquarters is in expanded and newly-remodeled facilities and we have begun executing ambitious goals for growth.
We raise test scores and improve grades, and we do it by recruiting and hiring the brightest tutors and maintaining a lively, hard-working, and collaborative student-focused culture. Summit provides one-on-one in-home and online test preparation and tutoring, runs classes throughout MA, NY, and CT, and publishes its own branded course materials used by private tutoring companies and schools across the country.
Reporting To – CFO
Responsibilities The following is a description of typical responsibilities of the position.
– Process vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements for timely payment
– Prepare and issue customer invoices
– Process and reconcile credit card payments
– Ensure receivables are collected promptly, working closely with corresponding departments
– Manage delinquent customer accounts, making necessary collection calls
– Record cash/check receipts and make bank deposits
– Process tutor payroll in timely manner
– Verify accuracy of transactions and ensure revenue and expenses are properly classified within QuickBooks, following accounting policies and procedures
– Process purchase orders
– Tag and monitor fixed assets
– Manage petty cash fund
– Maintain an organized accounting/HR filing system
– Provide oversight and answer questions for all employees working on customer billing for all departments
– Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
– Associate Degree in Accounting required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting strongly preferred)
– 3+ years of accounting/bookkeeping experience (2+ years with Bachelor’s Degree)
– Solid working knowledge of QuickBooks a must
– Deep understanding of the A/P and A/R processes
– Solid knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, databases and company intranets
– Knowledge of credit card payment life cycle a plus
– Strong attention to detail, analytical and fastidious, and good record keeping skills a must
– Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
– Ability to multi-task and manage time to meet deadlines while adhering to all confidentiality requirements and company policies
– Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
– Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
– Ability to work as a member of a team, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external constituents
– Share in Summit’s values and identity: deeply caring; ethical; accountable; accessible; expert; integrity
– Engaging, personable, team player who is willing to help out wherever, however, and whenever necessary
Summit offers a great compensation package including competitive salary and performance bonus, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, paid time off including vacation, sick time and paid holidays, dental plan, medical plan with fitness club discount. Our new Newton, MA office offers ample free parking and a spacious and friendly environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Summit Educational is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Please include your salary goals and highlight any prior test prep, tutoring, customer service and/or education industry experience.