Careers at Summmit
With 32 years of experience and a commitment to focusing on the individual student, Summit is a leader among standardized test preparation and tutoring providers nationwide. Independently owned, our headquarters is in Newton, MA, with regional offices in New Canaan, CT, and White Plains, NY. Our clients are families seeking exceptional, customized educational services.
We raise test scores and improve grades, and we do it by recruiting and hiring the brightest tutors and maintaining a lively, hard-working, and collaborative education-focused culture. Summit provides one-on-one in-home test preparation and tutoring, runs classes throughout the region, and publishes its own branded course materials used by private tutoring companies and schools across the country.
Become part of our growth!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Summit Educational Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summit Educational Group is seeking a bright, energetic, engaging Director of School Partnerships (MA) who has outstanding communication and customer service skills. The ideal candidate will have experience establishing and building lasting client relationships.
In a smart, fun, and growing company environment, the selected individual will manage the classroom programs and service needs of Summit’s school partners. Our clients come to us with high expectations for their experience, and we seek to exceed those expectations through timely follow-up, friendly and professional demeanor, and expert knowledge of Summit and the test prep industry as a whole.
Activities will include: extensive phone and email communication; relationship building with prospects and clients; customized program recommendations; consultative sales activities; meticulous creation and maintenance of client records in Summit’s database; public speaking and presentation delivery; managing the MA classroom programs team; providing customer service; ensuring quality assurance for all accounts.
For this client-facing position, we seek candidates who want to support the efforts of a boutique tutoring firm, add to the company’s growth, and be recognized for their contributions.
LOCATION: This position will be remote initially, but will move to Summit’s Newton, MA office on a full-time schedule when it is safe to do so. The schedule for this client-facing position is Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM with extended hours for programming and travel, as needed.
Reporting To – Director of Business Development
- Ensure that we are providing best-in-class services to our school partners in MA and RI
- Serve as leader of the MA classroom program team
- Directly supervise the Assistant Director of Classroom Programs (MA)
- Hold regular weekly classroom team meetings
- Identify and measure key leading sales metrics
- Set annual sales and retention strategy for the region
- Oversee creation and regular maintenance of regional target schools
- Conduct regular, consistent outreach to all non-partner target schools
- Set up sales meetings with interested schools and evaluate region-wide opportunities
- Create system for regular interaction with existing partner schools
- Ensure face-to-face meetings with all partner schools at least once a year
- Create classroom program proposals for all prospective partnerships
- Participate in company events and conferences as needed
- Deliver successful testing presentations and webinars for schools and their families
- Bachelor’s degree
- +2 years of sales and/or customer service experience
- Management experience
- Driven to achieve and exceed clients’ expectations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team and manage multiple responsibilities concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Sense of urgency and drive for results
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and CRM experience
Desired Personal Qualities
- Engaging, personable, team player who is willing to help out wherever, however, and whenever necessary
- Share in Summit’s values and identity: deeply caring; ethical; accountable; accessible; expert; integrity
- Commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and care
- Strong attention to detail: analytical and fastidious
- Ability to use desktop and/or laptop computers and talk on the phone
- Availability for occasional work and travel outside of office hours
Summit offers a great compensation package including competitive salary and performance bonus, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, paid time off, dental plan, and a medical plan with fitness club discount. Our Newton, MA office offers ample free parking and a spacious, casual, and friendly environment.
Please review the below job description. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include your salary requirements and highlight any prior customer service and/or education industry experience.
Tutors and Teachers
This work is challenging, fun, and rewarding. As a Summit tutor you will help students reach their potential and open doors for them. You will be making a true difference in the lives of the students and families you work with.
Summit Tutoring is the perfect part-time job for those who love connecting with children and teenagers, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others.
Summit Tutoring can fit around your schedule, even if you have a full-time job, are busy with family commitments, or simply enjoy a schedule packed with hobbies. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, occur mostly on weekday evenings or weekends, and can be scheduled directly between you and your students.
Summit staff will provide you with training, materials, and a constant support system, to ensure you are able to perform at your best. We are here to help you with tutoring questions as well as any logistic concerns that arise. We take care of client recruiting and billing and keep you informed of the latest news in the test prep world so that you are free to focus on what you do best: tutoring.
If this sounds appealing to you and you meet the listed requirements, please visit our application page and submit an online application!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a selective college or university
- Ability to score at or above the 95th percentile on the SAT and/or ACT
- Genuine interest in working with students
- Means of transportation (i.e. Your own vehicle)