Careers at Summmit
With 32 years of experience and a commitment to focusing on the individual student, Summit is a leader among standardized test preparation and tutoring providers nationwide. Independently owned, our headquarters is in Newton, MA, with regional offices in New Canaan, CT, and White Plains, NY. Our clients are families seeking premium, customized educational services.
We raise test scores and improve grades, and we do it by recruiting and hiring the brightest tutors and maintaining a lively, hard-working, and collaborative education-focused culture. Summit provides one-on-one in-home test preparation and tutoring, runs classes throughout the region, and publishes its own branded course materials used by private tutoring companies and schools across the country.
Become part of our growth!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Summit Educational Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summit Educational Group is seeking an energetic, engaging Program Director. The Program Director will serve as the primary point of contact for families inquiring about Summit’s one-on-one tutoring services. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills and experience in the tutoring and test prep world. Our clients come to us with high expectations, and we aim to have their experience with Summit exceed those expectations. To that end, our team of Program Directors are highly responsive and knowledgeable when providing consultative services to prospective clients. Program Directors are also responsible for matching tutors with students on a timely basis. Program Directors proactively manage each tutoring program according to the discerning needs of Summit’s clients in order to provide outstanding customer care throughout the course of a program. Activities will include: extensive phone and email communication, relationship building with prospects, clients, and tutors, customized program recommendations, consultative sales activities, meticulous creation and maintenance of client records in Summit’s database, and ongoing information sharing online and in regular team meetings with fellow Program Directors.
For this client- and tutor-facing position, we seek candidates who want to support the efforts of a boutique tutoring firm, add to the company’s growth, and be recognized for their contributions.
Reporting To – Director of 1-on-1 Tutoring Operations, Connecticut and New York Offices
• Answer incoming calls and emails from clients and prospects.
• Engage in consultative sales, customizing Summit services to the needs of each family.
• Serve as case manager for each family that commits to working with Summit, providing thoughtful and proactive support service through frequent email check-ins and phone calls before, during, and after the course of a tutoring program.
• Carefully match students with the right tutors.
• Help families navigate the process of college admissions exams and independent school admissions exams.
• Develop rapport with families and tutors through frequent phone and email check-ins.
• Monitor tutor and client interactions, lessons, homework assignments, practice tests, progress and other program details, and proactively become involved as warranted.
• Answer incoming calls and emails from tutors, and provide tutors with feedback, advice, and support.
• Maintain meticulous written and electronic records of all interactions and program details.
• Market Summit services to prospective clients and cross-sell additional services to existing clients.
• Gain intimate knowledge of standardized tests and Summit’s tutoring programs.
• Cultivate relationships as applicable with Summit’s referral base.
• Participate in weekly team meetings.
• Assist colleagues throughout the company as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities concurrently in a fast-paced team environment
• Sense of urgency and drive for results
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, and experience with CRM databases
• Knowledge of public and private schools in Connecticut and New York, or willingness to learn quickly
• Experience in the test prep and academic tutoring fields (preferred)
Desired Personal Qualities
This role requires a team player who is engaging, empathetic, and willing to help out wherever, however, and whenever necessary. The Program Director shares in Summit’s values and identity: deeply caring, ethical, accountable, accessible, expert, and responsive. Commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and care is of utmost importance. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are critical to success. The successful candidate will be insightful and thorough.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM. Some weekend work expected. This position will be remote for the foreseeable future, but in-office work will eventually be based in New Canaan, CT. Successful candidates must have a valid driver’s license and access to reliable personal transportation for periodic local day travel to New Canaan, CT and White Plains, NY and to events and activities in the service area of Summit’s home or regional offices.
Summit offers a great compensation package including competitive and performance bonus, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, paid time off including vacation, personal time, paid holidays, dental plan, and medical plan with fitness club discount.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements and highlight any prior test prep, tutoring, sales, and/or education industry experience. We value thoughtful cover letters and will prioritize candidates who demonstrate interest in this way.
Tutors and Teachers
This work is challenging, fun, and rewarding. As a Summit tutor you will help students reach their potential and open doors for them. You will be making a true difference in the lives of the students and families you work with.
Summit Tutoring is the perfect part-time job for those who love connecting with children and teenagers, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others.
Summit Tutoring can fit around your schedule, even if you have a full-time job, are busy with family commitments, or simply enjoy a schedule packed with hobbies. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, occur mostly on weekday evenings or weekends, and can be scheduled directly between you and your students.
Summit staff will provide you with training, materials, and a constant support system, to ensure you are able to perform at your best. We are here to help you with tutoring questions as well as any logistic concerns that arise. We take care of client recruiting and billing and keep you informed of the latest news in the test prep world so that you are free to focus on what you do best: tutoring.
If this sounds appealing to you and you meet the listed requirements, please visit our application page and submit an online application!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a selective college or university
- Ability to score at or above the 95th percentile on the SAT and/or ACT
- Genuine interest in working with students
- Means of transportation (i.e. Your own vehicle)