Careers at Summmit
With 32 years of experience and a commitment to focusing on the individual student, Summit is a leader among standardized test preparation and tutoring providers nationwide. Independently owned, our headquarters is in Newton, MA, with regional offices in New Canaan, CT, and White Plains, NY. Our clients are families seeking exceptional, customized educational services.
We raise test scores and improve grades, and we do it by recruiting and hiring the brightest tutors and maintaining a lively, hard-working, and collaborative education-focused culture. Summit provides one-on-one in-home test preparation and tutoring, runs classes throughout the region, and publishes its own branded course materials used by private tutoring companies and schools across the country.
Become part of our growth!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Summit Educational Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Classroom Programs Account Manager is responsible for the logistics and organization of our class program operations in MA. They will manage the execution of all classroom program logistics, acting as the primary point of contact for parent communications. Additionally, the Classroom Programs Account Manager will be key in ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service to all classroom constituents, including students, parents and school partners.
Reporting To: Director of School Partnerships (MA)
Classroom Program Customer Service
- Act as primary customer service representative for Classroom Program students and families
- Seek opportunities to promote 1-1 tutoring services to existing classroom clients
- Respond promptly to concerns raised by any classroom program constituent
- Focus on classroom program quality assurance for all clients
- Maintain all operational reporting (scorecard metrics) and communicate them to the MA team on a regular basis
- Organize score reporting for practice tests
- Request registration pages and fliers from marketing; proofread copy and test all links before submitting to school partners
- Manage logistical details regarding school partnerships (class schedule creation and approval, financial aid requests, mailing materials, room numbers, emergency contact information, etc.)
- Process individual registrations and update rosters
- Process and maintain all classroom billing records
- Confirm and process all financial aid requests
- Reconcile revenue reporting regularly to ensure all charges have been collected
Small Group Program Sales and Management
- Serve as point person for any small group tutoring program logistics
Summit offers a great compensation package including competitive salary and performance bonus, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, paid time off, dental plan, and a medical plan with fitness club discount. Our Newton, MA office offers ample free parking and a spacious, casual, and friendly environment.
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your salary requirements and highlight any prior test prep, tutoring, customer service and/or education industry experience.
Summit Educational Group is seeking a part-time Fulfillment Assistant. The ideal candidate for this position will have superior attention to detail, an ability to lift boxes of 35+ pounds with regularity, and have a true “team player” mentality. In a smart, fun, and growing company environment, the selected individual will manage the fulfillment of all one-on-one tutoring, classroom programs, and course materials fulfillment requests. Our clients come to us with high expectations for their experience, and we aim to exceed those expectations. The Fulfillment Assistant will also be required to assist the Director of Fulfillment with inventory management and reporting.
For this position, we seek candidates who want to support the efforts of a boutique tutoring firm, add to the company’s growth, and be recognized for their contributions.
Reporting To – Director of 1-1 Tutoring Operations, MA Office
- Ensure the prompt fulfillment of all 1-1, classroom programs, and course materials shipping requests.
- Prepare materials for students taking proctored practice tests.
- Assist the Director of Fulfillment with stockroom inventory reporting.
- Maintain supply of books and practice test materials in the office.
- Assist colleagues throughout the company as necessary.
- Superior attention to detail; analytical and fastidious
- Ability to lift/move 35+ lb boxes with regularity
- Engaging, personable, team player who is willing to help out wherever, however, and whenever necessary
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision, but understands when assistance and compromise are necessary
- Sense of urgency and drive for results
- Has high standards for all work
- Share in Summit’s values and identity: deeply caring; ethical; accountable; accessible; expert; integrity
- Has strong communication skills
- Experience in the test prep industry is a plus
The pay rate for this position is $20/hr.
This is a part-time (20-25 hrs/wk) position, running Monday-through Friday between the hours of 12pm-5pm. The position requires all work to be conducted in-person in our Newton, MA office. According to MA Covid guidelines, masks and social distancing are required while in the office building.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tutors and Teachers
This work is challenging, fun, and rewarding. As a Summit tutor you will help students reach their potential and open doors for them. You will be making a true difference in the lives of the students and families you work with.
Summit Tutoring is the perfect part-time job for those who love connecting with children and teenagers, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others.
Summit Tutoring can fit around your schedule, even if you have a full-time job, are busy with family commitments, or simply enjoy a schedule packed with hobbies. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, occur mostly on weekday evenings or weekends, and can be scheduled directly between you and your students.
Summit staff will provide you with training, materials, and a constant support system, to ensure you are able to perform at your best. We are here to help you with tutoring questions as well as any logistic concerns that arise. We take care of client recruiting and billing and keep you informed of the latest news in the test prep world so that you are free to focus on what you do best: tutoring.
If this sounds appealing to you and you meet the listed requirements, please visit our application page and submit an online application!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a selective college or university
- Ability to score at or above the 95th percentile on the SAT and/or ACT
- Genuine interest in working with students
- Means of transportation (i.e. Your own vehicle)