Tutors and Teachers
Summit Tutoring is the perfect part-time job for those who love connecting with children and teenagers, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others.
Summit Tutoring can fit around your schedule, even if you have a full-time job, are busy with family commitments, or simply enjoy a schedule packed with hobbies. Tutoring sessions are 90 minutes, occur mostly on weekday evenings or weekends, and can be scheduled directly between you and your students.
This work is challenging, fun, and rewarding. As a Summit tutor you will help students reach their potential and open doors for them. You will be making a true difference in the lives of the students and families you work with.
Summit staff will provide you with training, materials, and a constant support system, to ensure you are able to perform at your best. We are here to help you with tutoring questions as well as any logistic concerns that arise. We take care of client recruiting and billing and keep you informed of the latest news in the test prep world so that you are free to focus on what you do best: tutoring.
If this sounds appealing to you and you meet the listed requirements, please visit our application page and submit an online application!
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a selective college or university
- Ability to score at or above the 95th percentile on the SAT and/or ACT
- Genuine interest in working with students
- Means of transportation (i.e. Your own vehicle)
Founded in 1988, Summit Educational Group is the premier provider of standardized test preparation (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, PSAT, SSAT and ISEE) and academic subject tutoring services to students in grades 5-12 throughout the northeast. Each year, thousands of families enroll in Summit’s one-on-one, in-home tutoring programs and classroom programs to increase standardized test scores and gain the study skills necessary to succeed in school. The company also publishes its own branded course books, which are used by Summit’s expert instructors, private tutoring companies, and schools across the country and around the world. Summit is a small, growing company, with approximately 35 full-time employees. We foster a collaborative working environment that encourages ideas from every member of the team.
The successful candidate will oversee a small marketing team responsible for the strategic development and implementation of B2C and B2B marketing campaigns. You must demonstrate knowledge in various marketing channels (email, social media, SEO, print and direct mail, digital advertising, presentations, events, conferences/trade shows, website, and phone). You will be tasked with working across two divisions to drive prospect awareness, attraction, conversion, and retention, as well as to ensure critical marketing opportunities are realized and assessed. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker who can develop options and present recommendations to optimize ROI.
The successful candidate will naturally share in Summit’s Core Values:
- We perform our work with Integrity
- We have High Standards
- We are Team Players
- We are Accountable
- We are highly Responsive
- We are Relationship Builders
Reporting To – CEO
Responsibilities – The following is a description of typical responsibilities of the position.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Develop annual marketing strategies
- Manage Marketing Manager and Web Specialist. Provide guidance as they execute on marketing strategies
- Represent marketing across Summit as part of its Leadership Team
- Attend Divisional and Functional meetings as needed; meet with CEO
- Work closely with Sales Function
- Provide thought leadership, identify trends, and implement best practices for both off and online marketing programs
- Ensure Summit’s overall message and look/feel is communicated throughout all company collateral
- Oversee execution of day-to-day contact strategy calendars
- Oversee projects with outsourced vendor support (i.e. graphic designer, web site developer, etc.)
- Utilize exceptional project management skills to consistently deliver projects on time and within budget
- Oversee trade show strategy and execution
- Manage key projects including annual Testing Guides and new business initiatives.
MARKET, CONSUMER, AND COMPETITOR KNOWLEDGE
- Gain intimate knowledge of our constituents and market place – parents, students, educational partners, and school personnel
- Conduct competitor research, share with company, and use to drive strategy
- Consistently bring the voice of the customer as an influencing factor in key decisions across the business
- Track and analyze program results; implement continual improvements based on findings
- Test innovative new marketing strategies and tactics
- Collaborate with Summit’s Leadership Team to evaluate business metrics and adjust marketing plans as needed
- Participate in marketing budgeting and forecasting, and track ongoing business performance to ensure funds are being used appropriately
Skills & Qualifications – The following is a description of typical skills and qualifications of the position.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional groups
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, editorial, and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of direct marketing, social media platforms, and digital advertising, with a desire to stay abreast of marketing trends
- Proven ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make a contribution quickly
- Excellent personal leadership, change management, and ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiarity with Adobe suite of projects: InDesign, Illustrator
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer MBA in marketing or a related field (Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field will be considered)
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in marketing (2 – 3 of those years management experience)
- Knowledge of test prep industry helpful but not necessary
Must have valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for periodic local day travel to events and activities in the service are of Summit’s home or regional offices.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why this role would be a good fit for you. We value thoughtful cover letters and will give priority to candidates who demonstrate interest in this way. In your application please indicate salary requirements and highlight any prior test prep, tutoring, or education industry experience.
Summit Educational Group is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.