The pandemic has forever woven online services into the fabric of our lives. In the testing industry, makers of the SAT and ACT for college and the SSAT and ISEE for independent schools have added computer-based testing as an option for students.
In fact, the SSAT and ISEE both currently provide computer-based testing for all students – in the convenience of your own home no less. Students planning to take the online SSAT or ISEE in fall 2021 especially will benefit from taking a practice test using our digital test platform as part of their Summit test prep program.
While not offered on national test days, computer-based PSAT, SAT, and ACT testing is an option through state and school district test administrations. And international students have to take digital tests at designated centers; paper-based testing is actually not an option. It is likely just a matter of time before SAT and ACT tests are offered digitally on a much bigger scale in the United States
In lockstep with these developments, Summit’s Digital Test Platform (DTP) provides a convenient and flexible way for students to take computer-based practice tests.
Whether you’re taking a PSAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, or ISEE, our DTP simulates the experience and user interface of the official, computer-based versions of these tests.
Key features of Summit’s DTP include:
- Real, computer-based test experience. Each test type – PSAT, SAT, ACT, SSAT, and ISEE – closely mimics the official, digital version for that particular test.
- Supports extended time testing. The DTP offers both standard and extended time testing options.
- Convenience and flexibility. The DTP is web-based, so take a test whenever and wherever you have an Internet connection.
- Multiple device support. Use almost any iOS or Windows device. Desktops, laptops, and tablets are all supported.
- Immediate scores and feedback. Scores are available upon completion of the test, and our detailed score reports identify your strengths and areas for improvement.
For schools and districts, our digital test platform provides a convenient, student-friendly alternative to administering on-campus practice tests. Now, schools can accommodate busy students with more flexible testing options or longer testing windows. Individual and group score reports are available online within seconds of students completing their exams.
Practice tests are a crucial component of a successful test preparation program, and Summit offers many options for students. While we generally recommend that students take proctored, in-person, paper-based practice tests, the DTP provides an excellent option in cases where in-person testing isn’t feasible. It provides an excellent “practice the way you play” alternative for students preparing for a digital test.