Careers at Summit
With 32 years of experience and a commitment to focusing on the individual student, Summit is a leader among standardized test preparation and tutoring providers nationwide. Independently owned, our headquarters is in Newton, MA, with regional offices in New Canaan, CT, and Rye, NY. Our clients are families seeking exceptional, customized educational services.
We raise test scores and improve grades, and we do it by recruiting and hiring the brightest tutors and maintaining a lively, hard-working, and collaborative education-focused culture. Summit provides one-on-one in-home test preparation and tutoring, runs classes throughout the region, and publishes its own branded course materials used by private tutoring companies and schools across the country.
Become part of our growth!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Summit Educational Group is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive workplace reflective of the communities in which we work and the clients that we serve. We seek to bring together people of varying backgrounds, skills, and experience, recognizing that this leads to a diversity of thought that fuels creativity and enables people to do their best work. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Office Manager (MA)
Reporting To: The Chief Financial Officer
Summit Educational Group has an opening for a full-time Office Manager. The Office Manager will serve as the face and voice of Summit, connecting our clients with our Program Directors, and keep the business’ operations running smoothly. Our clients are families, school contacts, and independent consultants who require superior customer service and personalized attention for any questions about standardized testing and Summit’s programs and services. This is a full-time, exempt, 40-hr/week on-site position during office hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Act as the face/voice of Summit for clients making initial contact, whether via phone calls, email or in-person visits
- Answer all phone calls consistently and promptly, and route calls within the office
- Answer clerical questions as able, regarding credit card info, classroom schedules, and web site login info
- Assist Testing Coordinator by registering students for proctored practice tests, as needed
- Assist Classroom Programs staff by registering students for Summit classroom programs, as needed
Administrative Responsibilities/Office Management
- Manage inventory of books and complete accurate month-end inventory report
- Serve as the point of contact with the printers and oversee Summit book printing process
- Oversee and provide support to the Fulfillment Assistant as necessary
- Interact with shipping vendors, ensuring daily pick up is made, and help resolve customer service issues with shipping vendors
- Order shipping materials, as well as all office and kitchen supplies to maintain proper supply levels
- Coordinate with cleaners and property management to maintain safety and cleanliness of the office
- Handle routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Assist HR with onboarding of new hires and offboarding of exiting employees
- Set up work stations for office staff and work with tech support to help troubleshoot technical issues
- Ensure all office equipment are functioning properly, placing service calls as necessary
- Receive and disperse incoming shipments and mail
- Mail outgoing paychecks, invoices, and other items
- Enter billing and business information into database
- Record check payments in QuickBooks Online and make remote deposits
- Compile materials and arrange travel for presentations and company meetings and events
- Support Leadership Team and assist colleagues as opportunities arise
Your Skill Set:
As a candidate for the role of Office Manager you will possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree
- 2-5 years of prior client service and office administration experience with supervisory responsibilities
- Superior customer service skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with sense of urgency
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Google Applications
- Willingness to learn and accept shifting responsibilities as necessary
- Authorization to work in the US is required
Benefits and Location:
This is a full-time, exempt position in Summit’s office in Newton, MA.
Summit offers a compelling compensation package including competitive salary and performance bonus, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, flexible paid time off, employee discount, group life insurance, dental plan, and a medical plan with fitness club discount. All of our office locations offer ample free parking and a spacious, casual, and friendly environment.
Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume that conveys your interest in the Office Manager position and how your skill set is a fit for this opportunity to email@example.com.
Reporting To: Sr. Manager of Tutor and Teacher Services
The role of Tutor is dynamic, fun, and rewarding.
This part-time opportunity is perfect for those who love connecting with young adults, are passionate about education, and find true enjoyment in helping others accomplish their goals.
- We provide the marketing, billing, industry updates and course materials, paid training, and support, so you can focus on what’s important and enjoyable: helping students succeed!
- This position is part-time, and you set your hours and caseload. Tutors can work with as few as 3 students or as many as your schedule allows each week.
Your Skill Set:
As a candidate for the role of Tutor you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Understanding of and comfort with explaining ACT and SAT content.
- A student-centered disposition that prioritizes the learning needs of the young people we serve.
- Responsible and responsive work ethic, allowing flexibility for student schedule changes.
- Access to reliable transportation and willingness to travel 30 minutes to students’ homes.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Teaching or tutoring experience is welcomed, but not required.
- Experience with Learning Differences is a plus.
Upon successful completion and hire, tutors will receive up to a $550 training stipend.
Hourly compensation varies. We evaluate our tutors annually, and reward our best tutors with rate increases.
How to Apply:
Please complete this application form, and upload your resume. If we think there is a match given this information, a member of the Tutor Services team will reach out to schedule next steps which, amongst other things, will include a qualifying test.
At Summit Educational Group, we are committed to cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced, acknowledging that a team reflecting diversity of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, and veteran status allows us to serve our communities better. To that end, we welcome and encourage applicants to bring their authentic selves when considering employment opportunities within our company.
Classroom Programs Account Manager (MA)
Reports To: Director of School Partnerships (MA)
Job Summary: The Classroom Programs Account Manager is responsible for the logistics and organization of our class program operations in MA. They will manage the execution of all classroom program logistics, acting as the primary point of contact for parent communications. Additionally, the Classroom Programs Account Manager will be key in ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service to all classroom constituents, including students, parents and school partners.
Areas of Accountability:
- Classroom Program Customer Service
- Divisional Operations
- Classroom Billing
- Small Group Program sales and management
Classroom Program Customer Service
- Act as primary customer service representative for Classroom Program students and families
- Seek opportunities to promote 1-1 tutoring services to existing classroom clients
- Respond promptly to concerns raised by any classroom program constituent
- Focus on classroom program quality assurance for all clients
- Maintain all operational reporting (scorecard metrics) and communicate them to the MA team on a regular basis
- Organize score reporting for practice tests
- Request registration pages and fliers from marketing; proofread copy and test all links before submitting to school partners
- Manage logistical details regarding school partnerships (class schedule creation and approval, financial aid requests, mailing materials, room numbers, emergency contact information, etc.)
- Process individual registrations and update rosters
- Process and maintain all classroom billing records
- Confirm and process all financial aid requests
- Reconcile revenue reporting regularly to ensure all charges have been collected
Small Group Program Sales and Management
- Serve as point person for any small group tutoring program logistics
“I love the students. I love that by teaching them, they learn and I learn, too. Plus, I get to work with caring, insightful Summit colleagues who are always willing to brainstorm over any question or problem I pose. I also get to use Summit’s well-written materials to help test-prep students. I feel supported in doing my best.”
“I have an incredible amount of autonomy in my teaching. I am able to truly customize every program for each student.”
“I love when I hear from students after test results come out, and they are happy with their scores. It’s exciting to see our hard work together pay off in such measurable ways, but also to see the effects that cannot be measured, like increased confidence and decreased test anxiety.”
“What drew me to Summit over other test prep organizations was the ability to do specialized tutoring and to customize programs to meet my students’ needs. Also, Summit continues to work to develop us as educators. We are offered opportunities to learn new skills and get additional training.”
“The flexibility, the quality of the curriculum, the ability to reach a diverse group of students, and feeling like you make a difference in the life of a child.”
“I appreciate the teamwork at Summit that allows me to focus on tutoring rather than all the other necessary, but non-tutoring tasks required. The office’s support means that I can focus on working with my students to maximize their potential.”